Lori and I were walking one day in the park, and we saw a group of ladies working out. Lori walked over and talked to Casey Sanders for a few minutes, and we decided to try Fit Camp.
It has been a life changer for me. I need a coach and support to be able to stick with a physical workout. This may go back to my track and basketball days of long ago, but I need a schedule.
The things I love about Fitcamp:
- Motivates and inspires you to be the best that you can be, and everyone’s “best” is different. You are never judged in any way. I may do five burpees, and my neighbor beside may do twenty, but that is ok if it is the best that you can do. We are there to improve ourselves not to compare our progress by looking at someone else.
- Always a different routine- there is no time for boredom! Casey is a professional who knows how to plan the workout that we need on that given day.
- It is always challenging because you are competing against time and yourself.
- Friendships and support: I miss boot camp when I am out of town because I miss that wonderful post workout happy, and I miss my friends.
- Set schedule: I work out at the same time every day Monday through Thursday, but there are several great times to choose from if your schedule needs more flexibility.
- You feel stronger mentally and physically. This camp has allowed me to love and accept my body. When you have been physically active most of your life and you get older, you will notice things are not quite where they are supposed to be and that is ok with me if I am making an effort to be the best that I can be.
- My diet has changed. I try to eat healthier. The meal suggestions that are e-mailed to us help. Also hearing other people talk about what they are doing to be healthier or to lose weight. Read the ingredients on the back of what you buy. It will scare you a little.
- At home work outs are also sent to your e-mail (I have not been successful at that… I need Casey and the girls.)
I am in the best shape of my life since high school- 32 years ago. I feel that I am doing something instead of whining about how I feel or how I look. I have lost four inches which results in no back fat over the top of my jeans. Some of my jeans and panties get a little baggy after a few hours of wear now, but that is ok with me!
I hope to improve, but that will take dedication from me to do workouts on the weekends and work on my diet more!
Join us or join something if you cannot make a commitment to exercise or if you are unable to motivate and push yourself. What we do in warm up would have been my entire exercise routine, and I would have stopped not realizing that I could do so much more!
Be kind to yourself and give yourself one hour a day!